|Pastoral Resource Ministries, Inc.
|Our goals are to eliminate domestic violence, empower victims, educate the public, and promote partnerships.
|Statistics: Domestic Violence should not happen to anyone. The majority of Domestic Violence
victims are women. 1 in 3 women report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at
some point during their lives. More than 32 million Americans are affected by domestic violence each
year. Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women.
- Find a place you can go to if you need to leave quickly-a friend's house, family member, hotel or
domestic violence shelter.
- Have an idea of how you will get out of the home (a window, fire escape) and how you will get
away (car, bus, taxi).
- Prepare a bag that contains the following:
- Spare keys and important documents (driver's license, check book, medial records, birth
certificates, health insurance cards, etc.).
- Keep this bag hidden or leave at a friend's or family member's house, your work, or any other
safe place in case you need to leave in an emergency.
- Arrange with a friend to have an "emergency phrase" that your partner will not recognize. Or
arrange a signal with a neighbor to let them know when you are in trouble.
|If you feel you are in danger
call your local police 911
National Domestic Violence
Anonymous & Confidential Help
One of the best reasons to give to the
“Created to Be Whole” Domestic
Violence Program (CTBWDVP) for
women is to make a difference in the
lives of women. Every donation to
this program helps support victim s of
violence and to ensure someone is
available for them in a time of need.
|Created To Be Whole - Stop Domestic Violence Against Women
|An Outreach Ministry for the Millennium
This information is not presented as legal advice. It’s for resource purposes for individuals seeking
information on Domestic Violence.
|You Are Not Alone!
It Is Not Your Fault!
|"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 2
Use a safe computer. Computer use
can be monitored and is impossible
to completely clear. If you are afraid
your Internet and/or computer usage
might be monitored, please use a
safer computer, call your the
National Domestic Violence Hotline
or your local Domestic Violence
1 (888) 774- 2900
Putting the broken pieces